Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day 2012

Cannon Beach, Oregon

After 7.5 years together Butch and I finally planned a week-end just for "us time." I know you must be thinking I'm crazy because this entire blog is dedicated to our travels. We are very lucky in the fact that we've been able to see and do so much over the years but we've never planned a week-end just for us, to do as we please, to sleep in, to hold hands on the beach, and sit by the fire. Seriously, we spent our honeymoon with Darius!

Let it be known that Butch has received full credit for the planning of this trip. I was whining about doing something romantic for a while and Butch took it upon himself to find this amazing resort and plan the week-end for us. I'm lucky to have such an amazing man to call my own.

These photos are a mix from my camera and our Iphones, enjoy!


Getting ready to leave Vancouver for the week-end.

Squishy Face photos are a must.
We've arrived... Cannon Beach, OR.
All settled in. What a great resort!
The doggies love the beach!
Amazing... absolutely gorgeous.

The beauty is breathtaking.

Enjoying the sun and fun.

Personally, I think they are crazy for surfing in this frigid water!

Clearly, he's insane. It was 72 degrees!
Butch stole my camera! :-) I heart him.

Solving the world's problems.

The water was coooold!

Say what? Huh?

He caught me!

I love the rocks and the ruggedness of the Oregon Coast.

Such a hottie!

He was taking my photo without my consent, HAHA!

Writing our name in the sand.

Good times!
SQUISHY FACE!

I consented to this photo.

This shows the scale for you. Look how small he is compared to the huge mountains, I love it!

My writing in the sand. You gotta write in the sand!

The sun is out! What?!

I just loved this truck with the surf board hanging out.

Just acting goofy.
Sunset at Cannon Beach, OR.

62 degrees and a ghost town at 6:45AM when I walked the dogs for the last time before leaving. We got up early to beat the crazy traffic. I really enjoyed the peace and quiet while walking the dogs. I think it's official, I'm getting old!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please write something for me to read! :)